Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Acne Spring/Summer 2011

This season, London Fashion Week was a hit, with so many new, fresh faces in respects to both designers and models hitting the runway and literally strutting their stuff, but one of the huge standouts for me was the Acne ready-to-wear line. I fell in love with their simplistic and incredibly elegant designs and their gorgeous neutrals and rebellious reds, and blues and blacks have always been a favourite.

While it's name reminds many of that unwelcomed stage of puberty, Acne is a Swedish brand founded with the ambition to create develop a lifestyle brand through desirable products, as well as helping other people build their brands.
It's first full collection was launched in '98, which set the expectations of the brand - subtle luxury and understated items originating from the ethos that the clothes should feel like someone's wardrobe, cool and personal. The result is that nothing dominates anything else, yet every piece is effortlessly stylish.
Creative Director for Acne, Mr. Jonny Johansson, explained his views on fashion and the label. "Fashion is the best form of self-expression. We like to design pieces that together form the coolest wardrobe, but is ultimately wearable. It becomes one way of thinking as individual pieces, but together creates a strong, modern and considered statement."

And so, without further ado, the collection! Just to let you all know, I only chose my favourite pieces, which was really hard since I loved most of them!




















What was your favourite label this season at London Fashion Week? Which of these outfits do you love and love to hate?
x

11 comments:

  1. words cannot express how much i'm in love with this show. the monochromatic outfits in these stunning colors, and these silhouettes, its just amazing. definitely my favorite from LFW!

    thestyle-child.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post. please check out my newest post PREPARING FOR PARIS on www.newyorkfashion-sh.blogspot.com

    MERCI!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, it's all so chic. I have to say the only two looks I'm not wild about are the last two - - but everything else is absolutely fabulous.

    I also love your Blair Waldorf quote in your banner, she's such an inspiration :)

    Officially a follower!

    -Marie
    So What If I Like Pretty Things
    http://melliott930.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing collection, I particularly loved the red pieces!

    Kisses,
    Froso from Style Nirvana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Lovely collection, I love the all white outfits =) Can't wait till spring!!!!

    I am now following you =)..
    follow me at:
    Grande Jewelry

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2316144/grande-jewelry


    Hope to hear/see some thoughts and comments from you!

    With love,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your comment & thanks for following <3 <3 <3

    So, i am your newest follower!

    stay tuned big kiss from germany <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous collection. Love your blog. So much inspiration. Very happy that I've found you and that I'm following. Hope you'll follow me back.


    Check out my blog if you've got time and feel like it. It would mean a lot.
    Karoline Kalvo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and your style.
    This is my blog http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/
    Please take a look if you want and if you like it please follow and I will follow you back.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your lovely comments! I will look at all your blogs ASAP! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Comment below and tell me anything, you know I love it!

Click Here!

Follow Style Spectator