Saturday, February 11, 2012

Shakespeare, Walpole and Clements

All three famous, all three fantastical in their own way, but only one can be credited for producing the glossy beacon that is Vogue (Australia of course) - Kristy Clements. The endless pages of style, advertisements and random but totally appropriate nonsense that she pores over are enough to keep any girl satisfied until the next issue graces the news stands each and every month without fail - and when getting it delivered with the longest subscription available, it's an even more fun time of month (unlike some things).

Anyway, you may be asking, why does the completely neurotic yet totally amazing Evana mention Shakespeare and Walpole? Well, it is my great displeasure to announce that I am reading both Othello and the Castle of Otranto for English class - at the same time. When read separately, these may be great texts of literature, fit for appreciation no matter what style of reading the person in question takes a liking to. But when being forced to critically analyse almost every single word of a book from 1764 and a play from the 1600s, its easy to feel as if your head will explode.

Okay, I think that's my rant for the week. For those of you who did read that, I promise I am not insane. It's just 11.30 on a Saturday night and my day has been a gruelling regime of study and reading, with a few crammed in mealtimes and a deep breath or two. Blah. But for those still-untainted souls that have skipped over all of the long paragraphs and scrolled straight down to the pictures below, viola! Here are just some inspiring photos that I've been adoring recently, perhaps because the soft pastels and somber expressions remind me of the upcoming Valentine's Day? So for those of you who are actually reading and not just scrolling and saving, what are your plans for Valentine's Day? Let me know, and hopefully I talk to you all sooner rather than later!
x










6 comments:

  1. your blog gives me inspiration <3
    come check my blog? :)

    xoxo,
    Cindy C.
    http://styleologie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARVELLOUS!! CUTE BLOG. IF YOU WANT FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE FRIENDS AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO FOLLOW YOU BACK <3
    XOXO
    A_C'EST MOI
    LA MODE OUI C'EST MOI
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing photographs, your blog is just lovely by the ways, keep up the good work and ill be visiting again very soon hehe :)

    ENTER MY TOPSHOP GIVEAWAY!
    open to all.
    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing post! all these shots are such a great inspiration!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 'following' didn't appear :$
    Love the pics
    Fi *

    ReplyDelete

Comment below and tell me anything, you know I love it!

Click Here!

Follow Style Spectator